My heating wont switch off and my water wont heat up unless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is 4 years old. I have an ICON boiler and have recently noticed that when i have the heating switched off or on timer the heating is still coming on. The boiler is still firing up and the radiators still on constantly, even when the thermometer is switch right down to nil. The only way i can switch the heating off is to actually switch the boiler to off on the wall or on the boiler is self. I bought a new timer programmer, exact same on as was previously fitted but i am still having the same problems. Does anybody have any ideas what is wrong? :( Also the only way i can get my hot water to heat up is if i have the imergion switch on - it wont heat up through the programmer.

Sponsored Links
check all wiring in the wiring cntre is correct and tight (turn supply off first though/remove fuse).

could be a 2 port motorised valve sticking in the open position (if you have them) (but with the stat down it shouldnt come on like you say)

with the new programmer - did you remove any links from the back (to allow it to work for a fully pumped system: i am guessing you have a fully pumped system)?

could be a 2 port motorised valve sticking in the open position

or a 3port stuck in the heating position
no hot water, constant heating ;)

I'm assuming the boiler is a rebranded Glowworm Ultimate, as thats the only heat only boiler that I'm aware has Ikon branding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back