My Incomer

C

cb9002

1957 terrace, my amazing powers of deduction tell me its a TN-CS system!

The original house wiring was a black rubber-sheathed cable -VIR?

Any idea if the incomer will be VIR, lead, split con, pyro... its covered in a black cotton scrim and run in steel conduit.

I'm asking because atm, the conduit protrudes about 50mm into the room. I'm getting the room plastered in a month, so I would like to get the incomer closer to the wall. I don't want to go smacking the conduit with a hammer if its a lead/paper incomer though!

Image002.jpg

Sponsored Links
The fuse, meter etc will be.

The incomer comes up in the middle of the wall, 1m from the nearest corner, from floor level. I'd just have a big square thing sticking out from the floor instead!

Sponsored Links
The fuse, meter etc will be.

The incomer comes up in the middle of the wall, 1m from the nearest corner, from floor level. I'd just have a big square thing sticking out from the floor instead!
50mm you said, and it's directly under the meter etc, and they are more than 50mm deep, surely, or not far off it.

1) The cable is not yours to fiddle with.

2) Whatever its construction, whacking it with a hammer in order to move it sounds like a Really Bad Idea™.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back