My kitchen refit.

Lot of head scratching at the moment and I’ve only looked at the oven housing! It comes as standard and it has to be altered depending on what oven(s) you are fitting into it. We have a 450 top combination oven and a 600 bottom. It came with the correct sized top and bottom door panels according to the online assembly instructions but according to them, it should have a 124mm infill panel with that combination of ovens but they’ve sent a 92mm one so will have to get that changed. The bottom pan-drawer has to be assembled and they have some weird hinges for the top door. Going to have to sleep on that, I feel a headache coming on already!

Sponsored Links
1715110292694.png

Suzzie is thinking, 'so you think you are fitting all of this? another one of your good ideas'!

Andy

DIY Kitchens would have been my choice...

Sponsored Links
Built up the cooker housing today which took longer than you would think. Came with a spare shelf for the top oven but no holes were drilled for the fittings so I had to work that out through trial and error by fitting the bottom oven and going from there. Had to cut the legs down to get it to fit under that RSJ and then adjust them right up as high as I could go. The cornicing will have to appear to go through the RSJ when it’s fitted. Fitted it to the wall, added a piece conti-board behind the pan drawer and fitted a single socket for the fridge and a pair of 20A double pole outlets, one for each oven. Fitted the two ovens. Had enough for today.

IMG_1534.jpeg

Last edited:
Built up the cooker housing today which took longer than you would think. Came with a spare shelf for the top oven but no holes were drilled for the fittings so I had to work that out through trial and error by fitting the bottom oven and going from there. Had to cut the legs down to get it to fit under that RSJ and then adjust them right up as high as I could go. The cornicing will have to appear to go through the RSJ when it’s fitted. Fitted it to the wall, added a piece conti-board behind the pan drawer and fitted a single socket for the fridge and a pair of 20A double pole outlets, one for each oven. Fitted the two ovens. Had enough for today.

View attachment 342597
You've got the height perfect.

will that height now affect any of the wall lining up to the top of the oven storage
I don’t quite know what you mean but there are tall cupboards going either side of that (fridge freezer and larder unit) and they will be set to the same height. Will look something like this when done.

IMG_6376.jpeg

yep, that was my comment - as you have lowered the oven unit to get below the RSJ , then all the units would need to be set at that height to match the run
We had the issue in our kitchen where it had beams across the ceiling - NOT supporting - just oak beams across a false ceiling for some reason and so ALL that came out and a new flat false ceiling fitted so we could get the height for our oven storage - full height run
with the beams kept in , the whole thing would have looked wrong and the plinth tiny at the floor

any reason you decided not to go around the corner with a corner unit to go right up to the full height cupboards, making a U

Last edited:
any reason you decided not to go around the corner with a corner unit to go right up to the full height cupboards, making a U
There’s a door there. Oh, and I won’t need to shorten the plinth as it is at the correct height. I’ll just have to have the cornice disappearing into the beam and coming out the other side.

IMG_1533.jpeg

Cooker hood arrived today.

Once I’ve chased in the feed for that and my mate has plastered the other wall tomorrow it should be full steam ahead!

I recently re fitted my kitchen and instead of a cornice at the top I just filled it in with a blanking piece.

Well we’ve paid for the cornice and it’s been delivered with the rest of the kitchen so we might as well use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back