The First Kitchen Progress Update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, here's the first progress update on the new kitchen, excuse the poor quality of thepics, the camera on the bBlackberry is poo.

The unit two ends are 90% complete apart from corner posts & pelmet/cornice, need to fit worktops/bfast bar & new hob. Then it's onto the sink & peninsular units.

The unit above the hob is too large at the moment (it's going to house a really nice Elica Glide hood), we ardered a 257mm deep, as you can see the wrong one arrived with us, it's a little low, but replacement will be here this week.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mark, looks like a nice install, hope you don't mind me asking some Q's?

1. On the second picture the corner base unit looks like it sticks out beyond the worktop... is it meant to be like that? EDIT - Just read your OP properly and seems like the current worktops are not the final worktops :oops:

2. Thats an interesting oven design, I actually thought the top bit was a microwave but there is a microwave on the worktop so I assume thats a grill/small oven? Anyway can you advise the make / model of the oven so I can look it up.

3. What lighting setup did you go for under the units? Looks nice. LED?

EDIT

4. Sorry forgot to ask where the kitchen came from?

Cheers :)

2. Thats an interesting oven design, I actually thought the top bit was a microwave but there is a microwave on the worktop so I assume thats a grill/small oven? Anyway can you advise the make / model of the oven so I can look it up.

3. What lighting setup did you go for under the units? Looks nice. LED?

EDIT

4. Sorry forgot to ask where the kitchen came from?

Cheers :)

The oven is a Zanussi ZOU575X. The top oven is a gril/fan/conventinal oven. The advantage is it's a decent height.

The lighting under the units is LED tape - http://www.litewave.co.uk/led_tape.asp

The kitchen came from www.achieve-stylish-living.co.uk/acatalog/Avant_Beige_Complete_Units.html the guy there has been really helpfull.

Sponsored Links
The chap is coming to do the OAk worktops & breakfast bar today, I'm all excited.

After some considerable hard work the new kitchen is nearly finished. Still needs tidying & the built in washing M/C & dishwasher fitting, along with the engineered oak floor & color matched (to the dark colour) glass wall behind the hob/ colour matched glass (to the dark colour) glass splashbacks all around

Probably not up to the spec of most of you guys but I'm realy very pleased with it. Pop up socket on the peninsular, LED lighting, Elica Glide hood, filtered boiling & cold water on tap, waste disposal unit.

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5590-1.jpg

nice job..

so you went with the naughty corner in the end then? :)

no socket over there for the kiddies laptops for homework or the mobile phone charger etc?

Very quick, small update of the progress.

Floor down in the main area, just waiting on the new back door to be fitted prior to finishing off the floor.

View media item 17922

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back