My Mountfield M28M is not pulling...Any tips.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After fitting sharpened blades I did one round of cutting around front of house where better grass area is there,. Now I moved to area where it not just grass but cow parsley as well as stinging nettle and other weeds plenty. Ground is bit bumpy as well. Now mower is struggling to move especially after 5-10 min ride. I am forced to push it a lot, sometimes even thats not helping to move the mower forward. After checking different forums I can see people suggests to change drive belt, which seems to be out of my DIY skills.

Is there any other tricks/tips/tweaks I could apply to get pulling power from my mower.
Q. Is there a way to completely empty engine oil and replace with fresh oil like in the case of car servicing? will that help..? is that easy to do on a Mountfoeld mower?? I can see engine oil is hot after some use I suppose thats expected and purpose of engine oil.
Q. How the servicing of ride-ons normally done, need to take to repair centre..?

Many times it get a slight forward attempt and then I push It start moving. Some times its not moving at all, then I have to stop mowing and come back after an hours or so. Tried with different gears also with high & low power.

Any good tips please...Thanks

Sponsored Links
As your machine has the manual transmission as against the hydrostatic then that should rule out any problems there.
You need to check the drive belt tension and condition, particularly when the foot control is fully up.
Look for any oil contamination and shredding of the belt, and only fit o.e. replacements if you need to.
There are 2 main belts.....one for the transmission, the other for the cutting deck. The deck usually needs to be removed to sort the transmission belt.
That’s about all you can do really.....the engine oil won’t affect the pulling power but must be at the correct level.
Servicing of these machines is quite straightforward and only needs the engine oil changed plus the fuel and air filters to keep it sweet.
John

You need to check the drive belt tension and condition, particularly when the foot control is fully up.
Good point..I have seen some replacement videos. But its beyond my DIY skills. But need to see if belt is loose. I remember replacing vaccum cleaner belt nearly got my vaccum to golden days. Similarly...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back