My Oil Boiler is Haunted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, my oil boiler has taken leave of its senses and is running amok. I think its having a dicky fit as a reaction to Trump becoming president and the Brexit vote....Or its haunted.

The programmer is off and the boiler is kicking in. Turn the boiler off at the mains and the pumps will run longer than your average chancellor of the exchequer. Even weirder is with the boiler off and the pumps running the water is still red hot (possibly from the cylinder).....

My initial thought is I have three motorized valves and one of these has lost the plot and needs replacing. I "think" I have narrowed it down to one Drayton valve in particular.

Would a buggered valve give these symptoms ?

Sponsored Links
Is The suspect zone valve head a lot hotter than the other two ?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Terrywookfit, oilboffin and gigz. The valve is not hotter than the other two, in fact at the moment full flow its cold as a cucumber. Unfortunately the multimeter is beyond me...

Ok in the valve are 4 wires orange grey blue brown,blue and brown are live and neutral for the motor and grey and orange which is the wires for the micro switch is there continuity between the grey and orange with the power of could be switch is goosed if so change actuator.if you ain't sure get a sparky in.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back