my ravenheat rsf 100et lights but goes out repearedly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this is my first post so hope im doing it right, I have a ravenheat rsf 100et which lights the main burner but goes out straight away & keeps repeating the cycle (this is for hot water) what i have noticed is that if I i turn the hot water knob all the way off the boiler stays lit but the hot water does not seem to get very hot, if i then turn up the knob slowly i hear a click & the boiler shuts down then goes back into the loop again, know heres the confusing part if i repeat the procedure again then tun the knob fast clock wise to full the boiler stays lit & the water gets hot as it should be but if the water is turned off & then on again were back in the loop,
i have cleaned the pilot electrode & both thermistors were replaced 12months ago along with a new diverter valve, any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is likely to be a gas/combustion issue which we dont give advice on.

You have already opened the combustion chamber which we dont advise DIYers to do.

The only sensible advice is to call a gas reg engineer who can check your boiler for safety after your DIY efforts, diagnose the faults and service it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back