My ride on mower... Countax C300H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I mentioned I'd been left a mower with the new house and a couple people and what it was. I finally got round to checking...

Not a make I've ever heard of. When I looked online at current mowers I don't see them.

Anyone know much about them?

Sponsored Links
One of the better and more expensive makes, Countax have been on the go for ages.
Its possible this one has the Honda V twin motor - can you confirm? The 'H' stands for hydrostatic drive rather than a manual transmission - I can talk you through that later.
There are no particular issues with this machine, apart from the usual deck rotting problems - they are kind to their drive belts which last a long time. Tell me - does yours have the electric clutch to engage the cutter blades?
John :)

IMG_20170516_190828_01.png
IMG_20170516_190828_02.png

I'm new to these things so photos and easiest. I think it's pretty old (20 years?) And i don't exactly know what all the levers precisely do though I've managed to cut and collect grass successfully.

Sponsored Links
I'm new to these things so photos and easiest. I think it's pretty old (20 years?) And i don't exactly know what all the levers precisely do though I've managed to cut and collect grass successfully.

These were very expensive machines when new, and they are still good today. Can you give us a shot of the engine?
One of the weaknesses is the belt under the seat that drives the grass collector tines - it gets a hard life.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back