My toilet flush mechanism has broke. Can you confirm what the part I need to buy is called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone has pulled the flush handle too hard and snapped it off from the mechanism.

I've tried to google but a lot of the results don't match this type of toilet.

What is the actual part called that I need to replace, so I can buy it and find the right tutorial?

Attachments

• 20220213_090818.jpg
    20220213_090818.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20220213_090804_03.jpg
    20220213_090804_03.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is this not an easy an easy job?? I am mostly clueless, but can follow guides well enough.

Am I better getting a plumber in??

I can see tears when this task is done :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Is this not an easy an easy job?? I am mostly clueless, but can follow guides well enough.

Am I better getting a plumber in??

A faint heart never won a fair lady is what comes to mind
Have a plate of porridge and give it a go.

The syphon you have can be repaired without removing the cistern. The syphon part can be decoupled from the bell piece that lifts the water to start the syphon.

If cistern is coming off, then any flush mechanism will suffice giving you a new flush handle too

A faint heart never won a fair lady is what comes to mind
Have a plate of porridge and give it a go.

The syphon you have can be repaired without removing the cistern. The syphon part can be decoupled from the bell piece that lifts the water to start the syphon.

If cistern is coming off, then any flush mechanism will suffice giving you a new flush handle too

When you say decouple the bell piece, do you mean these two parts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-095648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-095648_Chrome.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64
Before the flush broke did it need repeated attempts before the water siphoned over? If so, the plastic diaphragm inside it probably needed replacing anyway. If you can't buy a replacement it's easy enough to make one from flexible sheet plastic.
However, as the spring has now been pulled out it looks as though the rigid plastic pull-rod broke. So, new syphon time.

When you say decouple the bell piece, do you mean these two parts?

Undo the two big couplings below the blue thing and lift the unit out leaving the central Pipe in place. Post picture of bits, will help you thereafter. If you see a name on the plastic then that is icing on the cake

Undo the two big couplings below the blue thing and lift the unit out leaving the central Pipe in place. Post picture of bits, will help you thereafter. If you see a name on the plastic then that is icing on the cake

I have actually bought the syphon you linked today, as well as coupling clip. I was going to take the cistern off tomorrow and attempt to fit it.

I'm not sure the clip you linked will fit my toilet. It's and olfashioned one so possibly not?

Attachments

• 20220213_214322.jpg
    20220213_214322.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220213_214319.jpg
    20220213_214319.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 61
Right, You have a low level toilet and don't need the close coupling kit. Your syphon is very easy to replace.

Andy

Right, You have a low level toilet and don't need the close coupling kit. Your syphon is very easy to replace.

Andy

Thank you. I can see how everything fits together now. It does look easy to do.

That will impress the Mrs tomorrow when she can flush again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back