Simple plumbing question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My push flush toilet mechanism broke (wasn't stopping flushing). I've taken it apart and it is the spring where the handle lever goes (in the component on the chair in the picture). The thing is, it is not a top push flush but a side one with a traditional looking handle. Can someone tell me if I need to buy a different type of mechanism for this, I'd quite like to just replace the part on the chair in the picture, rather than the whole thing. I emailed the plumber who fitted the bathroom but he has just said I can buy it from a merchant but with no details on what (I don't want him back, he was useless and unpleasant). I don't mind buying a whole set for the part, but it needs to match.

Thank you. Trying to DIY as also have a leaky roof and back wall at the moment ££££!

Kind regards, Jaclyn.

Attachments

• IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 168
Sponsored Links
These people are your best bet.
http://www.shop.lunns.net/toilet-spares-2-c.asp
Try and find a makers name somewhere on the unit.
Tip: most of those flush units (the valve in the middle of the cistern) can be removed for inspection by pushing down a little bit and turning anti clockwise (like removing a light bulb)

make sure you twist the right way or you might break it . can get brittle

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thank you all - managed to find a matching system, still have to buy the whole unit but should be easy to fit :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back