my vaillant boiler wont provide hot water on demand!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

can anyone give me a start on the above problem.

The boiler is a vaillant turbomax and works fine on central heating but wont fire up on demand for hot water.
does it have anything to do with having low water pressure?

Dont want to get some rip off muppet in before i have an idea of the problem

geofforama

Sponsored Links
Probably the diaphragm but could also be the hot water microswitch or lever. The microswitch bracket does have some adjustment though.

Drop down the controls panel and loook on the right hand side. With a hot tap open the lever should operate the switch.

On a boiler this age I'd be inclined to swap the whole diverter (unless it's on its already on its second one).

Dont want to get some rip off muppet in before i have an idea of the problem
What is it with you people?

Are you self employed?

Do you know how much it costs in money and time to put yourself through the training and exams to be allowed to be one of these "muppets" who are allowed to play with your boiler?

Do you know how much it costs each year to stay registered?

Do you own your own work van which has to be maintained, taxed, insured, and mot'ed every year?

Do you know how much our tools cost us?

Do you know how many times i come home and search the net to help a customer with their problems, in my own time?

Do you know how much it costs me each year in public liability insurance?

Do you know how much my accountant costs each year?

I could go on but please do not tarnish all Gas engineers as rip off muppets...

My advise to you is ask some of your friends who they have used in the past and get them to refer someone to you..
Its how i get all my work.....i do not spend shedloads on expensive posh adverts...i use word of mouth and do reasonably well.......

Sorry for the rant but i get sick of people thinking that all engineers are going to rip them off......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back