Myson 322 possible problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Potterton boiler and a basic timer for ch and hw.
The system worked fine until a couple of days ago.
The Myson power extra has 2 led's 1 for water 2 for heating.
They are both illuminated but the heating and water isn't on.
I tried the slider on the acutator to manually open the valve but nothing happened.
I then took the acutator off and had a look. The slider moves freely with no resistance at all the valve works fine ( with pliers)
I have read that the acutator may be the problem as this kicks in and then powers the pump but none of this happens. Had the heating up full etc to force the system in to life nothing works.
Does it sound like I need a new acutator fitted? As a £40 one is a lot cheaper than a system drain and a totally 3 way new valve.
Can anyone give me a heads up?
We are ok for water as we can put the immersion on and like I say everything was working fine for the last 3 years so confident it's all properly connected etc?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler locked out? Press reset button on it.

How stiff is the valve spindle, do you need pliers to turn it? If so then it might be coated in rust (see one of my profile pics). If this is the case the actuator may be prone to burning out aftert some time.

Hi boiler is fine it does kick in sometimes turned valve fairly easy just needed pliers to grip it basically.
Ordered acutator will fit and report back it's definitely looking buggered.
If this doesn't work I will drain and fit a hollywell valve.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back