programmer/valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Seem to have an intermittent fault on my heating side.
system is Gloworm Spacesaver vented, 2 x 2port Sunvic SM5203 valves, Danfoss FP715 programmer.
to run thru the problem, press Ch button on programmer and the CH on wire is live, the valve acutator starts moving ( I can see this as I have the head off, valve open manually). when it contacts the switch the live feed goes dead (back to the programmer) but the red light on the programmer is still on. If I turn the programmer off and on again the live is still dead.

Then hours later I can try the sequence again and this time it may be live and the acutator makes contact and the pump and boiler will start.
One thing the spindle on the valve seems a bit stiff, could this have knackered the valve + turning the live off?
hot water and room stat ok.
Any suggestions I would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
Try a little squirt of wd40 on the spindle to see if it makes any difference. It may be that the motor hasn't got enough welly to make the final push on the switches.....may be the microswitches are faulty....or may be crap in the system is stopping the valve moving across fully. When it doesn't fire up what happens if you manually push the lever on the side across that final bit by hand?

Hi ollski
Thanks for the comments. with this particular valve there is no lever but with the head off I can turn the spindle by hand. and if the live is working the acutator can be seen moving and I can hear a little click and then its pot luck as to wether the live is still there or not.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the input kev.
But how does a faulty microswitch make the live back to the programmer go dead, I can understand no live to the pump and boiler AFTER the microswitch, is it to do with the relay in the programmer? sorry just trying to work it all out.

This may be a stupid question but are you sure the point where you have one of the multimeter probes is not turning on 240v when the microswitch makes therefore showing you a differential reading of 0v on the multimeter?

olski
I'm not using a multi whatsit, I'm using an elec. testing scrwdriver, I presume that if it doesn't light up there is no live coming from the prgrammer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back