1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Myson Power Extra 322

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by SESH1, 16 Feb 2008.

1. SESH1

SESH1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello,

I have a Myson Power Extra 322 heating control which in the last couple of weeks has started making a right racket. I believe it is the actuator that is the problem. The noise happens most of the time but sometimes doesn't happen at all?

Does anyone know if I can buy a replacement actuator and wire it in or do I have to replace the whole thing (actuator and valve)?

Better still, is it something that can be fixed - the spindle maybe?

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Gasguru

Gasguru

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just change the actuator head but check the spindle is free to turn and not leaking....have a look on the web...plenty of suppliers.

You may find it's just the motor making the noise. I think these actuators have tamper torx screws and the motor is easy to change. Although they come with a 6 watt motor I don't recall any problems with using a standard 5 watt.

4. SESH1

SESH1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Gasguru - thanks a million, your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Steve

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local