Myson Power Extra MPE 322

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Myson Power Extra MPE 322

I wonder if anyone can help me?

About 18 months ago we had a new Myson Power Extra MPE 322 three port valve fitted, and I don’t think it has ever worked properly, let me explain... It was fitted during the summer so I didn’t notice the following problem with the hot water until the following winter when we needed the heating on as well, & since then we have just lived with it, but it's now becoming a real pain...

Here is what’s happening: - On the boiler (Potterton Suprima 30) there is a very basic programmer that just has CH on – off – timed & HW on- off- timed.

• When the heating is turned off at the programmer & the water is on, the HW light comes on the Myson & heats the water without any problem.

• When the Hot Water is turned off at the programmer & the heating is on, the CH light comes on the Myson & heats the radiators without any problem.

• When the Hot Water is turned on at the programmer & the heating is then turned on as well, both the CH & HW lights on the Myson come on & we have heat & Hot water... BUT

• When the heating is turned on at the programmer & then we put the Hot water on as well, only the CH light on the Myson comes on & NOT the HW light & the water is not heated?

I don’t know if this is a wiring problem with the Myson, a fault with it, or even a problem with some other part of the system altogether... any ideas would be appreciated before I spend a fortune trying to sort it out?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a connection from the programmer hot water off terminal to the grey wire from the valve? If this feed is picked up from the heating switched live, then it will do exactly what yours is doing.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply... I've taken the cover off where all the wires are in the airing cupboard & to be honest I haven't got a clue what I'm looking at (loads of wires all going into a block from various locations).

If you think it sounds like it's been wired wrongly, I'll see if I can get the plumber back out.

Many thanks...

Hi,

I 'think' i've added the image... I don't know what this was a replacement for unfortunately?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need a professional to sort out. Still feel that problem is that you are feeding the auxiliary switch in the heating mode from the switched feed to the valve. This holds the valve open until all power is taken off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back