Myson Power Extra MPE322 stuck on, whirring, getting hot

• Thread starter spacedmonkeys
  • Start date
S

spacedmonkeys

I have the following: Baxi Solo 3 PF boiler, and a Myson Power Extra 322 in the airing cupboard.
For a couple of weeks the MPE has been whirring away for hours after the boiler/central heating timing switches off. Reading some other threads on here, I was going to replace the MPE myself, but as a coincidence the boiler itself packed up and needed British Gas to come out and replace gas valve.
I mentioned the problem with the MPE and they replaced this for me as well.
However the problem still continues. MPE still whirring away, lights still on, and hot to touch hours after the heating timer has gone off.
Gas engineer said there is a spurious 40 volts going to the MPE.
What they plan to do next is replace the MPE with their own three way valve (which needs a visit to the loft to install something else as well).
I suspect however that something in the boiler is not telling the MPE to switch off correctly?
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back