Myson Orion 30si boiler - Intermittent re-igniting?

S

shamone79

Hi. Forgive my terminologies as I am not a gas fitter by trade!!

Conventional wall mounted boiler, has been perfectly reliable, and is still actually working now except that as it gets warmer, the main flame will go out then within 1-2 secs the igniter will relight it again.

It is happening everytime now but there is no set time pattern to it. It can go for 10-20 mins without doing it then do it 3 times within 2 mins sometimes.

The fans continues to run whilst this is happening. I am not sure its a thermostat fault because usually when this cuts in the whole unit will shut down, as I said the fan keeps running whilst the fault occurs.

Could it be the fan pressure switch at fault?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i would check the flue has not rusted thru and recycling the products of combustion.

i would look to the ignition pcb myself. although the flue is probably rotten anyway.

ive got a lot of these round here and i would advise you to start looking at getting it replaced. heat exchanger is obsolete as is the fan timer board, although not all orions had the fan timer. it wont be long before other parts start becoming unavailable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back