Myson 30si Intermittent fan issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Myson Orion fanfare 30si.
When programmer triggers the boiler into life, the fan will spin up but not to fill speed, then stop, with the result being no ignition.
To overcome this, simply turning the boiler off and on again/turning dial on boiler down and back up/or turning hot water only off and on again will always achieve normal service. Basically it appears that if the boiler makes a second attempt at spinning the fan then it'll work as normal.

I have checked the power to the fan (with a simple power check screwdriver thingy) and it doesn't appear to falter, remaining live even when fan has given up.

Before I go throwing £££ at another fan, has anyone any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you will need a multimeter to check that you have 240v AC still supplying the fan when it stops, it could be the neutral being interrupted, your boiler incorporates a fan timer assembly, which is more likely your problem than the fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back