myson apollo boiler HELP required please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm looking for advice on an old myson apollo fanfare boiler.
Turn on either the hot water or central heating and it fires up no problem for several minutes and then stops.
Fires up again for a few seconds then stops.
Won't fire up again until I switch off and wait for the fan to stop spinning.
Once fan has stopped spinning, switch on either hot water or central heating and it does the same. Fires up once or twice then won't fire up.
Pilot always a light.
Makes no difference whether set to high or low position.
Could this be the pump possibly (can hear it spinning ) wearing and not able to push the water around or one of the stats either the overheat or pump overrun stat?
Any advice from you knowledgeable people would be greatly appreciated so that I am not wasting my money on unnecessary parts.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice given.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Without further information I cannot guess.

Tell us the flow and return temperatures at the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Quite likely but most situations like that where it goes off after a short while are because there is a lack of flow and the boiler is already up to the set temperature.

Simply feeling the pipes will immediately indicate if this is the problem or not.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back