Mysterious Megaflo

Had Warmfront bloke round the other day, but they not interested in HW cylinder, let alone unvented! Said I had 2 years to make my boiler fail and I'd get a new one paid for. Trouble is, I reckon a new one won't last the 10 years my existing one has probably got left in it - older ones last 20! Old one is 80% efficient, but a Hi Eff won't necessarily gove a constant 90%...

Anyway, I'll try the gunk for a bit,
then maybe sell up and move to India to avoid further gas bills

Then be trying to fix aircon with bubble gum...

Sponsored Links
Besides, my spare £ 750 quid I need to find to renew my wife's visa this year!!

I think that its only about £735 to buy a British Citizenship!

Of course you will need to teach her to speak English and then all the odd things she has to know to pass the Britishness Test like what percentage of the population is Welsh, Moslem or just what Prince Charles job is.

In our local pub quiz they had a section with questions drawn from that test and most people got it wrong! Martha did that well for our team and we came joint second instead of joint last.

Tony

Besides, my spare £ 750 quid I need to find to renew my wife's visa this year!!

I think that its only about £735 to buy a British Citizenship!

Tony

No, £ 750 is the new fee for the Permanent leave to remain visa, which is what you have to get after the first 2 years visa here, as a spouse. Citizenship, which becomes an option next yera, no doubt costs a packet more...

Sponsored Links
All that for a Hologram?

You should have seen the rage directed toward the immigration official when they put a date stamp across my missus' Leave to remain sticker the first time she came back into the country.

:LOL: little Indian lady didn't know what to do. I stood behind the counter p1ssing myself laughing. I thought they were both going to be deported.

It was £550 then though.

Your cylinder is an old model made for Heatrae by Davtec.

I think they only had a 5year warranty then.

Quality hasn't improved much since then but the warranty got longer. You could try draining it (to take the pressure off the leak) and using plastic metal or similar.

Don't fancy your chances of selling the house when the time comes, and if it causes subsequent damage your insurers will consider you negligent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back