mysterious patch of paintwork?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem patch on one of my walls.

Approx 1 year ago I had the walls of 3 rooms skimmed, the walls were prepped with a sealent and had several watered down coats of emulsion, before painting with the final coats of colour. The paint in all of these rooms took fine with the exception of one patch, rougly 1/2 metre square, where the paint appears to have lots of tiny bubbles in it. The paint is cracked and dry, and if i rub my hand over the surface the paint is powdery leaving a dust residue leaving the skimmed wall visible.

While the paint would easily be removed from this area and the wall repainted, I cannot understand why this has happened and dont want to paint it again only to see it reoccur.

Hopefully someone can offer some much needed advice, I will also try and post a picture if needed.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yeah you could hang it over the bodgy spot.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it was neat paint applied there over porous plaster/filler rather than a thinned 'mist' coat..

P.S. Nice one Joe :LOL:

It looks as if it might be salts/efflorescence bubbling through the plaster,, are the walls brick?

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back