Mysterious second water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Needing to move a stopcock that's currently hidden in the kitchen cupboard as it'll soon be in the way of a set of patio doors..

That stopcock is attached to a pipe coming up from the foundations and is a cold water main that does the west side of the house (only a 3 bed, nothing fancy!). There's a separate stopcock in the downstairs bathroom which does cold water for the boiler and the east side of the house. No problem I thought, I'll switch off in the street. Dug out the long t handle key, switched off, but it only turned off the east side. West side remains on! Wandered up and down the street opening various hatches but can't for the life of me find an external stopcock for that tap.. going to give Scottish Water a ring to see if they have any ideas, only other options I think are freezing or an Aladdin easyfix - suggestions welcome!

Anyone seen anything similar before? It's definitely not a retrofit given how it comes in to the sink and the house has always been just one house.. 1960s built.

Sponsored Links
Unusual but is it possible the second feed is from a storage tank in the loft? Maybe leave it running for a while with the street stopcock turned off.

Thanks jackthom - did wonder that too but went under the floor and it's definitely found from the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_104236.jpg
    IMG_20211212_104236.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 75

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back