Mystery Box #1

Sponsored Links
It certainly looks like phones, the question is whether it's abandoned, or whether it's still in use supporting phone service for you and your neighbours.
If it is still in use supplying neighbours then there should be some sort of arrangement between OR and the op. If it just supplying your house I would figure out which if any lines I use and remove the rest and also does the black TV dist amp supply other houses? For starters turn the power off to the amp and see if any one comes banging on your door. I wouldn't want all that kit in my house for others.

I used to have a Krone block installation like that (just the bit on the right) because I worked on a commercial key and lamp system so most of us had one at home (cough cough). Basically a small exchange with a phone in every room.

Sponsored Links
It's a Krone voice block inside a usual voice enclosure. Doesn't look like normal telecoms given the choice of what looks like cat5(e). My best guess would be an intercom system for a block of flats which would also tally with the huge number of outputs on the tv amp. Is this utility room solely for your use? It looks like something you'd expect in a room for the block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back