mystery number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, I might have posted this in the wrong category, but here goes. My young daughter has been getting a number (01228573381) ringing her, once today and 3 times on Sunday. When i answered it today it was actually her voice on the other end talking, even though she was in the room with me. I tried ringing the number back and it went onto a 1571 answering machine. I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether this is some sort of voice-mail number? I've e.mailed o2 but wont hear from them for 24 hours. I'm just totally baffled as I've never come across this before :confused: Its a long shot but was hoping some-one might be able to give me any clues? thanx

Sponsored Links
The number is in the Carlisle area and it sounds like someone is up to mischief.

If it was a recording of her voice maybe it was captured if she'd called it back already and left a message, or maybe she'd called it in error in the first place? You could check the call log.
Click link below for a little useful info, but If you're going to call an unknown number like this it would be prudent to withhold your own number in case it is some crank on the other end.
http://customerforum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7367

your daughter might just be the next Derron Brown ! maybe she can throw her voice in an amazing way, and she's winding you up?

but seriously, this whole world has gone rip-off mad.... if there's a way to extract money from a decent person, then they do it.... just ignore the phone calls... they'll go away.

Alternatively, ring my *new* helpline for this kind of difficulty... on 08887 111 666, or dial 0PREM RATE99 for you free recorded message explaining about the dangers of getting ripped of via the phone... good luck (oh and ring me as many times as you need to... bank details only required to prove your age)

Sponsored Links
The number has been reported before matey...

Its been reported before...
http://whocallsme.com

I am dubious about returning calls from unknown numbers if i am not expecting a call, a quick google normally finds out its origin.
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back