NACOSS v Nsi Gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are NACOSS and Nsi Gold alarm companies the same thing?

If not what is the difference between NACOSS and Nsi Gold companies? o_O

Sponsored Links
Yes
NACOSS is the old name
Also
AISC is now SSAIB
Both are accredited security bodies for intruder alarm industry and some insurance companies will only except these for the installation of your system.

There are different levels of nsi, there is also SSAIB. These companies are supposed to meet certain standards and codes of conduct for the disciplines and levels they have signed up for with that organisation.
Companies of either scheme may get you a small amount off your annual insurance premium.

What you must be aware of companies claiming they are registered when they are not.

both the ssaib https://ssaib.org/ and https://www.nsi.org.uk/ websites can provide details of what the company is registered for, also need to be wary of companies with similar names.

NACOSS stands for National Approval Council for Security Systems and was replaced in 2001 through the merger of NACOSS and ISI (Inspectorate of the Security Industry). The new combined organisation was renamed the National Security Inspectorate (NSI).

Sponsored Links
Hey I used to work for a nscia company ! Before they changed it to nacoss ! Lol

Hmmm confusing...

So a company who claim to be NACOSS installers are referring to a scheme that was replaced over fifteen years ago? That does not sit right with me if they are that far behind the times. Best avoided me thinks.

Thank you for the replies.

Go on Nsi website to see if that company exists?
Some insurance policies still have NACOSS listed because they have not updated their records which is poor in this day and age,but not going there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back