Nail guns move on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have religiously used Paslode im350 in the past and I have many .
They can be tiresome in the winter cold days like this week . Even keeping a gas in your pockets and swapping them over every so often . I've tried the DeWalt nailer but sold it quite quickly .
I have just got the Milwaukee nail gun and it's really good. I'm so impressed I've mentioned it here . Credit where credit is due .
It never misses a beat and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger.
It's heavier than Paslode but it doesn't bust your arm . Just pulls your belt down..
Good tool and worth looking at if you want a new gun .

Sponsored Links
They moved on a long time ago. Some people can live with the DW guns (at least the 2-speed ones), others can't. I went from DW (after 4 years) to Hikoki nesrly 3 years ago (1st fix, 15, 16 and 18ga). Thete are plusses and minuses to all cordless guns; weight and bulk sre the minuses whilst reduced maintenance, no need for gas, much cheaper consumables are the plusses

I use the I series guns 360xi @ppn they never miss a beat in this weather also lighter than old versions too

Milwaukee have made some of the best power tools ever - they are a bit more expensive than most other brands but they more than make up for it with clever design, robustness and long life.

Sponsored Links
Judging by what I've read I take your point about Milwaukee M18's - I dont own one.

I guess I get carried away with bigging up Milwaukee tools - I hate that people buy waste of time cheap brands that cant even be sold on. For me, the reliability of Milwaukee has been its best point.

360 xi ... Gas is a stitch up we've tried them too .

So you only use paslode nails then ?
Yeah company supplies all nails so gas not a problem used to sell it on eBay but not worth the hassle any any just sling the spare ones

Milwaukee have made some of the best power tools ever - they are a bit more expensive than most other brands but they more than make up for it with clever design, robustness and long life.
Hmmmm. I have some M12 brushless stuff and I wouldn't say that (but at least Milwaukee did have an SDS and an oil impact when I was buying, which Bosch couldn't offer at the time). TBH I think all the big names are much of muchness, i.e they build competent kit, they all have specialities and they all have the odd lemon or two in their respective ranges. I'm on Makita for most of my kit (other than the nailers - where Makita is very lacking). This is probably because they were early in the market with 18 volt Li-Ion kit (I switched to them in around 2008). Their stuff is still competent, and against them for circular saws and mitre saws Milwaukee still has a lot of catching up to do.

There's some interesting and effective kit out there these days, including Hikoki's 36 volt cordless 1/2in plunge router, Bosch's induction battery charging system, Makita's 40 volt double bevel mitre saw and Metabo's cordless 35 ltr M-class vacuum etc, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of saws found this little one last week had to have it to add to my 12v stuff ;)

Attachments

• 20221211_155413.jpg
    20221211_155413.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 49
Hmmmm. I have some M12 brushless stuff and I wouldn't say that (but at least Milwaukee did have an SDS and an oil impact when I was buying, which Bosch couldn't offer at the time). TBH I think all the big names are much of muchness, i.e they build competent kit, they all have specialities and they all have the odd lemon or two in their respective ranges. I'm on Makita for most of my kit (other than the nailers - where Makita is very lacking). This is probably because they were early in the market with 18 volt Li-Ion kit (I switched to them in around 2008). Their stuff is still competent, and against them for circular saws and mitre saws Milwaukee still has a lot of catching up to do.

There's some interesting and effective kit out there these days, including Hikoki's 36 volt cordless 1/2in plunge router, Bosch's induction battery charging system, Makita's 40 volt double bevel mitre saw and Metabo's cordless 35 ltr M-class vacuum etc, etc
i think to be fair you could take the best off the best in any manufacturer in well used quite to very old nicad at around the 350w mark max in 18v then any li-ion battery system would be seven steps above as the old nicad are perhaps 50% down on longevity as the batteries loose capacity and a cell or two play up giving you a power drop so you now have say nearer 200 to 250w
you then buy a new li-ion at perhaps 400-500w by comparison is gt on steroids even on basic tools and now with dewalt at least you can get 900w in 18v and the right tool and a flexvolt battery on 18v tools 1200w and because its brushless more efficient
so in short any nicad level 3 max li-ion at least level 7 up to level 12

I'm a big Milwaukee (M12) fan, not bought a bad tool yet.

There 3/8th Impact Gun is amazing for it's size/ weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back