Name that carpet metal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been quoted on carpet fitting been told a 2.2m length of carpet strip between wooden floor and carpet is 120 sheets. It is nice quality as you choose the finish of the strip which clips over the aluminium bead that sits underdeath. Anyone know similar stuff so i can check the price?

thanks

Sponsored Links
.....HOW MUCH! :eek:

is this a "clip top" plate? - with a foil (wood coloured) top?

if so - OUCH!

However if it is a solid brass or a real wood that exactly matches your floor then maybe...

.....More info please

Yes i think so, showed us a chart had all sorts of finishes chrome/brushed stainless etc, the length sort of it's like a double u section that clips over the top of the 't' section which is aluminium.

Okay put it another way, I measured up:

24m2 plus a stairway
2 lengths of capet gripper (using special quality carpet strip between doors for 2.2m length plus underlay
+Labour

£430 sheets.

I see Columbus 9mm is £65 for 2 15m2 rolls so 370 for the rest? Sounds alot to me, can't take more than few hours to lay a carpet does it? The room will need one edge bonded as the carpet isn't wide enough, It's a square room + landing nothing technical.

Sponsored Links
mmm

Its not so bad....

assuming you have measured correctly then £430 divided by 24 = £17.92m2

considering so say that includes carpet, underlay, fitting and a few accessories, I would say that is a good deal!

NO! That's just underlay, no carpet weve already paid for that which was about £30/m.

Check out the "CAT" metals range (google "CAT metals"). They've probably got the same things, may even be the same manufacturer and they do cost a fortune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back