Name the ceiling product

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just dismantled an old fitted wardrobe in preparation for some new ones to be fitted in a few weeks time.

The ceiling above the space where the old wardrobes were is bare plasterboard.

View media item 97519

The new wardrobes are going to be slightly narrower that the old ones hence i will have a small area of about 350X650mm of the bare plasterboard showing once the new wardrobes get fitted.

The question is what is the name of the textured product on the ceiling so that I can match up the small area that will be exposed?
I think its artex but wanted to confirm before i go and buy some.

Also regarding application, can it go straight on to the plasterboard, or is there any type of surface prep that will be required before hand?

When it comes to painting will i need to apply a diluted paint base coat in a similar way that you would to a freshly plastered wall before applying the top coats?

Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
Don't forget you had or still have the one inch paintbrush border that was painted around your old wardrobe if you wanted to match the artex patten that would have to be trimmed back , or you could extend the border by another inch or so by using a paintbrush which is what I would do

Thanks for the advice steve.

Is it ok to apply straight to the plasterboard?

Sponsored Links
Just to add if you was doing a whole ceiling you may want to use an artex sealer but because its only a small area you should get a way with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back