Name these bricks please

Sponsored Links
The main body of bricks look like a stock brick i.e. Ibstock make a "Weston Red Multi Stock".

The red copings on top are a generic engineering standard with a drag face, i.e an Ibstock "Stratford Red Dragface".

They have used poor matching solids on the corners of the pillars and have likely used a similar brick to the coping reds at ground level.

The tile crease looks like it may have been done with a proper creasing tile as opposed to a standard double camber roof tile.

I don't know what mastic they used on the expansion joint but likely to be polysulphide mastic.

The tree behind the wall is a deciduous, fast growing.....only kidding! :LOL:

The main body of bricks look like a stock brick i.e. Ibstock make a "Weston Red Multi Stock".

The red copings on top are a generic engineering standard with a drag face, i.e an Ibstock "Stratford Red Dragface".

They have used poor matching solids on the corners of the pillars and have likely used a similar brick to the coping reds at ground level.

The tile crease looks like it may have been done with a proper creasing tile as opposed to a standard double camber roof tile.

I don't know what mastic they used on the expansion joint but likely to be polysulphide mastic.

The tree behind the wall is a deciduous, fast growing.....only kidding! :LOL:

you forgot to tell him what mix they used lol

Sponsored Links

Few questions:
1. We've just had planning approval granted and I'm likely to go with a builder friend of mine. However I know very little about how to look for good quality workmanship etc and your response on this and the other tile thread had got me thinking. Is there a brick selector website that you know of or can recommend?

2. In the close up 2nd pic, is the two tone colour effect natural or are they actually two types / colours of the same brick?

3. Is the blackish/bluish spots environmental wear or again decorative?

4. What do you mean by the poorly matching solids and the tile creases? What is he purpose of putting tiles in a brick wall?

5. What would you estimate as the per metre square cost of a two skin brick wall like this?

Gracias.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back