Name this profile/bead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Could anyone assist with something I'm really struggling to find. I need some beading to finish off the top of some cladding in our new bathroom. We have some box work that is also clad (covering the cistern etc) which will have a window board to finish the top. I am looking for some beading that is 'D' in shape and 22mm thick so that I can cut it in to the window board at the corners and have a continuous line right the way round. Depth doesn't really matter as I can trim it to the depth of the architrave. I can find every profile going but this one is escaping me! I've attached a picture of parting bead which is the shape I'm after but all I've found isn't anywhere near thick enough. Does anyone have any ideas? At the moment I'm looking at having to get more window boards and rip the front off which I'm loathed to do. I'm sure there must be something out there 22mm thick but maybe just can't find the terminology.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Q-Line-2.4m-Parting-Bead_500x500_acf_cropped.jpg
    Q-Line-2.4m-Parting-Bead_500x500_acf_cropped.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 248
Sponsored Links
Jdwood38, good evening.

Suggest you may want to have a look at "Batten Rod" material?

This item is the timber section that holds a Sash window [the lower one] in the frame[or case -same thing depends on whee you live] called Sash and Case in Scotland,

The parting Bead is generally a load smaller [that is the section of timber that separates the top and bottom sashes]

As per your need the batten rod is indeed a "D" shape.

Worth a look?

Ken.

Double round over. You'll hav a different radius no doubt but there are ample options. If you have a router table easiest way is to find timber at the same square dimensions or mill your own and use a round over matching the radius on both edges of one side of the stock.

Attachments

• form-tools-double-round-over-and-beading-2164.jpg
    form-tools-double-round-over-and-beading-2164.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 215
Sponsored Links
I reckon you will struggle. Your best bet will probably be to rip some window board down as you suggested

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back