Navien boiler with Stirling engine

Sponsored Links
Not really. It’s not a new concept. Baxi did the eco gen which did the same 1kw, boiler was around 10k 100kg and had to be fitted on a load bearing wall it also used a sterling engine. Didn’t catch on because they was ****e

I know these are not new, but this quality maker makes one.

Who says they're quality? When I saw them they were using a lot of parts common to many other makes.
Like all the new entrants to the UK scene we will only know in several years...and so far every entrant has purposely cheapened down their boilers for the UK market and made a pigs ear of it.

Sponsored Links
No need to assess UK performance, they are well established in the world being the world's largest maker of combis.

So what...I guarantee the Korean version is different to the UK destined models.
The UK one I saw had the same components as so many other boilers...Fugas hyraulics, Elbi diverter, Grundfos UPM3, EBM fan etc. Nothing particularly outstanding with any of that lot...they regularly fail on other boilers.
The hex is unique but not much else.
Why do you think a company the size of Navien would buy in so many boiler components unless they were cheaper than there own manufactured parts..which may indeed be of higher quality.

BTW, they use the same flue a Ideal - who do not make the flue. Why did you think a company the size of Navien would buy in poor third party parts? They do not.

I was asked for a high flow combi recommendation. I directed to the Navien. Being fitted at the mo', so will let you know. They are very well priced for what they are.

Navien instant condensing water heaters are also well priced with a good rep' and high flows.
https://navienuk.com/products/premium-condensing-npe/

Last edited:
Like many "boiler manufacturers" Ideal make virtually nothing...they assemble parts made by others.
Initial price means little...its all about the backup, parts availability, quality of warranty etc.

Like many "boiler manufacturers" Ideal make virtually nothing...they assemble parts made by others.
Initial price means little...its all about the backup, parts availability, quality of warranty etc.
And like all manufacturers , Navien make nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back