Neatest Way to Fit This Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been asked to install something similar to one of these:

http://www.bathstore.com/products/savoy-low-level-wc-exc-seat-196.html

What do you think is the neatest way to connect the water inlet?

Had thought of 15mm chrome pipe coming out the floor and straight in but not sure how that would look. Other option is to come out the wall just below the cistern although the inlet itself is close to the back of the cistern so not much room to get a fitting on.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would go for option 2, maybe come out the wall on the opposite side and come across under the cistern to get a bit more play if required. I would paint the pipe you don't want to make a feature of it really.

Sponsored Links
If it's chrome fitting on the toilet then chrome pipe would do IMO.

I would exit the wall half way up, have a chrome ISO elbow, then if needed pull an offset to fit to the inlet, then fit a chrome tap connector.

Then put a MASSIVE! boxing round it and tile it, so it's really awkward if you need to repair it in the future.....that's what I normally come across anyway.

Or maybe you can get some of those invisible pipes, makers use in their advertising bumph!;)

Personally I would go for coming out of the wall just below the cistern, the less obvious the better. I find chrome pipe a pain in the ass as it tends to leak when used with compression joints.

Thanks all.

In the end went for a chrome tap connector, short piece of chrome pipe then a chrome elbow and away into the wall. Just enough room.

Or maybe you can get some of those invisible pipes, makers use in their advertising bumph!;)

I googled to find any working examples of these toilets. Not one of the staged photos showed any pipework other than the toilet itself.

Then the customer asks why that pipe is there but not in the brochure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back