Neatly fitting a wall box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced a 3-gang wall box with two individual ones. The wall is single brick/plaster and immediately behind (on the other side of the wall) is another 3 gang box which is preventing me from drilling/screwing the box in to position before re-plastering around the new boxes. How would you secure the boxes before plastering to ensure that they are lined up correctly? I was thinking no-nails or some wooden wedges.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It was attached to fairly sturdy circular conduit with a metal screw grommet and through to the other 3 gang using a plastic screw grommet. The new boxes don't align with the rear metal box to allow for this arrangement. I'd really like them in their current location. A dimmer and light switch will be attached so it's not going to take as much abuse as a socket outlet.

How about attaching it to the other box with metal adhesive?

Sponsored Links
Okay if the existing box is fixed securely to a conduit system.
Can you drill out this box and the other backbox and secure using nuts/bolts?
I would then also fill in the area around these boxes with dry-wall adhesive, gives good strong bond, that can be plastered over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back