NEAUTRALIZER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PROBLEMS WITH NEAUTRALIZER. MARRIED GAS & SOLID FUEL TOGETHER USING A NEAUTRALIZER.ALL PIPED AS PER MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS EXCEPT FOR CIRCS ON SOLID FUEL WHICH ARE 22MM INSTEAD OF 28MM.ALL WORKS FINE , EXCEPT FOR RETURN CIRC WITH GRAVITY. HAVE CHECKED THE COIL,THATS CLEAR.ALSO DRAGGED IT THROUGH ON RETURN.BUT IT WONT CIRCULATE BACK THROUGH NEAUTRALIZER.ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE OF THIS SETUP.SORRY FOR SHOUTING.NOT VERY GOOD ON COMPUTERS.

Sponsored Links
Hi am i in the right forum?Thought this was plumbing & heating < not the ghost forum. Hello is anybody theeeeeeeeeere?I.E. Neutralizer>

Sponsored Links
EXCEPT FOR CIRCS ON SOLID FUEL WHICH ARE 22MM INSTEAD OF 28MM

All solid fuel appliances should have at least a 28mm gravity flow.

EXCEPT FOR RETURN CIRC WITH GRAVITY

Undersized and probably air locked.

Get a heating engineer to re-pipe both appliances

DUNSLEY TECHNICAL HAVE ACCEPTED THE INSTALLATION,BECAUSE FLOW IS FLOWING INTO NEUTRALIZER AND FLOW CIRC GETTING HOT AT CYL.ALSO RETURNING FROM NEUTRALIZER.AN AAV IS FITTED ON FLOW AT CYL.

Stop shouting, it's giving me a headache, if it aint plumbed in as per installation instructions then sort it, then if it doesn't work ask the pratts that made it.

My deepest apologies. Slowly getting used to this fandangled machine.Not shouting anymore. :)

Anyone interested, go to dunsleyheat site and look up two boiler setup, with type R neutraliser.

fitz1 said:
DUNSLEY TECHNICAL HAVE ACCEPTED THE INSTALLATION,BECAUSE FLOW IS FLOWING INTO NEUTRALIZER AND FLOW CIRC GETTING HOT AT CYL.ALSO RETURNING FROM NEUTRALIZER.AN AAV IS FITTED ON FLOW AT CYL.

BUT IT WONT CIRCULATE BACK THROUGH NEAUTRALIZER

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dunsley say it should. We think it should. previous job done was two gas boilers and one solid fuel.that worked fine. P.S. This is not my install, but a friends. Just trying to help him. I can only think air is the problem.,but on investigation , doesnt seem to be. I disconnected the return from neutralizer and connected it direct to solid fuel. Gravity hot water worked fine.Problem seems to be with some form of negative pressure on return at neutralizer.May have to scrap diagram and try to redesign returns. Thanks anyway.

No . It doesnt need to be.Alright sat on same base .According to dunsley technical.

fitz1 said:
No . It doesnt need to be.Alright sat on same base .According to dunsley technical.

where does the return from the cylinder connect.

and I'll decide what he needs and where what goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back