Need a needle valve - 'Y' with two taps???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

Thanks for your input on my last thread - i've now got a load of options and some names of things so i can ask properly.

I'm looking for a needle valve - it would be good if i could get one that has one input and two outputs - with the valve controlling the two. So as one increases, the other decreases.

The problem i have with finding these things is i don't know what they are called.

I am looking for them in 6mm.

Thanks for any help you can give about either sourcing or naming such a tap - is there a name for it?

Thanks,

Mr. Tickle.

Sponsored Links
Ok, wossit for? Are you seeking to share pressure or flow?

Mains water? If not, then what pressure?

OK, the thread title is a little confusing, i need one tap...

It's for liquid flow, at atmospheric pressure, it's open so i think that's atmospheric??

SO yea, one tap that switches the flow from one to the other...

Cheers Chris!

Mr. Tickle said:
OK, the thread title is a little confusing, i need one tap...

It's for liquid flow, at atmospheric pressure, it's open so i think that's atmospheric??

SO yea, one tap that switches the flow from one to the other...

Cheers Chris!

A three way vent cock would do the trick, only problem is the smallest I know is 20mm (3/4") and cost £165 each.

Will try and think of something else :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Mr. Tickle said:
It would be easier to have a two valves setup together, i guess.

depends on its use, a 3way vent cock always has two ports open either with a flow or without

Thems all single valves TicklyT

Now I got to pluck a partridge so back later :cool:

Yea, just like those RS ones, but with two outputs. One tap controlling both. So 'A' is on 100% then 'B' is on 0% - as you turn the tap, it moves to 80/20, 50/50, 30/70 etc etc.

My thought is to use two needle valves set with the knobs facing each other. Drill the knobs and fit a couple of pins to lock them together, then as you open one valve, the other shuts.

Or use a shaft coupling in place of the knobs

Or push the knobs into either end of a short piece of plastic or rubber tube.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back