Need a new boiler asap

Perhaps I had better find my passport and suitcase?

I really dont see how any normal installation could be over £2000 !

in my local area I can usually do a heat only new boiler installation for about £1500-£1600.

But Delta T is closer than I am and he will know of local pricing but I dont see that the oil boom is still making anything there expensive any more.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Saying its an emergency is a sure way to get a seriously inflated price.

Babies are very robust!

Cavemen never had any central heating and they all survived.

In any case your second RGI said you can continue to use the boiler for the time being.

There is no emergency!

Tony

Sponsored Links
ryiah if you dont mind saying, where in aberdeenshire are you .... im up in this area but dont normaly work far from my wee patch if your near me i can pop out and let you know if anything is wrong with your boiler ..... if not i can let you know how good your local quoters are

[/u]

for those sort of prices i'd be willing to travel from the central west of scotland to carry it out, that is not far of being a full new heating sytem fitted in a small house. If i were you I would recheck the quotes it is not and emergency and you have enough time to be harder.

the quotes are what the quotes are, a national pricing structure is impossible for many obvious reasons anyone with any business acumen should realise. 1600 quid for a boiler change is nonsense in an old, probably granite, probably not fully pumped, probably requiring additional frost protection on system and condensate style property which is the norm rather than the exception in aberdeen.

i actually think its irreponsible price conditioning people on the forum like that, it leads to massively incorrect expectations at times.

the quotes are what the quotes are, a national pricing structure is impossible for many obvious reasons anyone with any business acumen should realise. 1600 quid for a boiler change is nonsense in an old, probably granite, probably not fully pumped, probably requiring additional frost protection on system and condensate style property which is the norm rather than the exception in aberdeen.

i actually think its irreponsible price conditioning people on the forum like that, it leads to massively incorrect expectations at times.

Well said mate & I agree with you. But any prices that have been quoted on here for the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area do appear high. But hey, don't knock it, move there!! I'm thinking of opening another branch of Puller Plumbing International Inc. there. ye ken? Another advantage of living there is; the quines are stunning!!.............Lovely ladies!!!.... :LOL:

My old papa used to say they all shagged sheep up there :p

Ah, I miss his random shouts of "we are the people" as well :LOL:

My old papa used to say they all s*****d sheep up there :p

Ah, I miss his random shouts of "we are the people" as well :LOL:

And a wonderfull old papa you had as well, bet he loved nothing more than a saturday afternoon at the football.

I love going to Ibrox, getting a belly full of Buckie & coming home after beating the Manky Mob!!
Follow!! Follow!!!

I have just been quoted £1200 to supply, install and commission a heat only boiler and that includes coring out the wall for the flue.

So to me that £2000 plus seems rather high for just replacing a boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back