Need a new garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the side of my block paved drive I have a footpath ( public ) about 1 metre higher than the drive.Conifers are planted along this border and the wall on my side that 'holds all the roots in' is a sort of vertical crazy paving done by the previous owner.This is now starting to fail so I need to replace it.Not sure how to do it - any advice.

Also anyone know any websites to find a good reliable builder as no friends etc have had any recent experience so no recommendations?
I'm near Leeds in West Yorks.

Sponsored Links
I would assume that this 'crazy paving' had been attached to a proper retaining wall. So you may only need to strip it off and refinish it as you wish. How far away from the edge are the trees planted and what height are they? The roots might be coming through.

Unfortunately the 'vertical crazy paving' is the wall.Just looks like broken bits of paving slab stood up with a bit of mortar to make a 2ft high wall.
This wall is about 3 feet from the much higher path and in the gap are the conifers which are about 8 feet tall.
Hope this makes it clear.

Sponsored Links
I do, but if it is the roots causinh problems with the existing wall, what will happen if it is taken down prior to putting up another? I'm worried the conifers may move or will the roots be interlocked enough to keep it all in place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back