need a new toilet what ones flush best

syphonics use quite a lot of water, so I believe have been off the market a long time. Very rarely you see a used or NOS one on fleabay, they tend to be snapped up by people who know how good they are.

I ordered one for my first house, it cost more than the rest of the suite and taps put together.

The flapper valve pours the water into the usual cistern opening at the back of the pan, so it goes rounds the rim, it does not splash up. I am told that with wear, the flap seal can leak, I have not experienced that with mine. You can't use a flapper with a syphonic pan, it has a special pressure valve in the throat. Spares are still available.

As well as being powerful, it is quiet.

Sponsored Links
The Wickes Portland loo flushes well and is under £50. Quality of the sanitaryware is a bit poor, but you get a good flush

Get a W.C that suits your price and fit a Flapper Valve, either handle or push button, takes a bit of getting used to, the longer you operate it the more water is flushed into the pan, one can empty the cistern in one go.
the diaphragm can get distorted after a time and possibly leak, but is just a five minute job to replace

Sponsored Links
If I recall correctly syphonic WCs are available in other European countries but not the UK. Roca marketed one at one time & I think I seen them in Spain.

Before you buy a WC, take a good sized rubber ball with you - 21/2 3" & ensure it'll go down the trap & in the outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back