Toilet advice need - One that FLUSHES well?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can you point me in the right direction. I need to purchase a new toilet for my staff to use as the current one is old dirty and doesn't flush very well.

I would like to buy the best flushing one on the market so I don't have anymore problems with floaters lol.

I'm hoping that someone will have done some kind of 'FLUSH' review so I can choose the best.

The current system is fed from a tank.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
None of the current toilets sold in the UK will flush well.

This is because they have been reduced to a maximum of 6 litres of flushing volume.

They try to achieve the same flushing velocity by using a narrow diameter in the base.

Sometimes a second flush is required.

Tony

They try to achieve the same flushing velocity by using a narrow diameter in the base.
A narrow throat needs a larger bend radius but that would make the pan stick further out from the wall. I think if you can't get a dowel 65mm diameter x 250mm long round the bend, it will block.

Fortunately, I still have one old 2 gallon toilet that I can use if I feel trouble brewing. I recently had to replace the diaphragm but instead replaced the syphon. I might have accidentally left all the volume selector holes blocked. It now works like a charm first time.

I would install a conventional siphon flush rather than the troublesome push button ones.

Wickes do a very good budget low level toilet, I think you buy the pan and cistern seperatly. £30.00 and £54.00

I would also ditch the siphon and install the Fluidmaster flapper valve for a nice strong reliable flush everytime and set the water level high. These flappers just require a gentle pull on the handle and the flapper is opened fully by the force of water rushing through it, the flaper stays open by itself of course you don't need to keep you hand down.

http://reviews.wickes.co.uk/9987-en_gb/160445/reviews.htm

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/50692...ngs/Fluidmaster-Toilet-Flush-Valve-Handle-Kit

None of the current toilets sold in the UK will flush well.

This is because they have been reduced to a maximum of 6 litres of flushing volume.

Sometimes a second flush is required.

Tony

What rubbish. Certainly some don't flush well, but others do. You need to spend a bit more but there are some out there that work well. We've got a Twyford Galerie Optimise corner toilet downstairs and a pair of Kohler Patios upstairs, neither suffer any flushing problems at all and we've never ever double-flushed. The Kohlers are slightly better, they'll quite happily flush a number two on the short 4.5l flush the majority of the time.

I would say to go for a lever flush with 3 part syphon.

Push button toilets don't come close.

Andy

So do you think I would be better off upgrading my current flush?

The system is about 20 years old and just doesnt flush with force so we keep getting floaters lol

I was hoping someone would say 'You need to buy a ..... Toilet' and my troubles would be over :confused:

So do you think I would be better off upgrading my current flush?

The system is about 20 years old and just doesnt flush with force so we keep getting floaters lol

I was hoping someone would say 'You need to buy a ..... Toilet' and my troubles would be over :confused:
Is it close coupled - or does it have a flush pipe ( low level) :?:

The pan and outlet is quite big so do you think I would be better off buying a new pan with a smaller outlet which is optimised for the new regulation water saving flushes but keep my old tank which has the larger capacity?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back