Need a point in the right direction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All...

Im selling our house and our buyer as asked me to fix a few things with the house...which is all fine but Im not sure really how to go about it.

first thing..

We have a PVC back door that we have cut and installed a cat flap in. The buyer has asked me to replace the panel. Who would I contact to do that?

lastly...

Some of the handles on our white pvc windows double glazed windows have broken off. I know I can get replacment generic handles from B&Q, but are they designed to fit all windows, and is replacing them a simple job?

cheers and any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
....We have a PVC back door that we have cut and installed a cat flap in. The buyer has asked me to replace the panel. Who would I contact to do that?....

Knock £50 of the house price and tell him to do it himself. Its not a hard job but you'll need to know which colour it is, how thick it is and someone to fit it if your not confident.

....Some of the handles on our white pvc windows double glazed windows have broken off. I know I can get replacment generic handles from B&Q, but are they designed to fit all windows, and is replacing them a simple job? .....

Without seeing the handles i would still say yes, at worst you'll have to cut the spindle shorter as if they are universal handles they may have the longest length spindle to allow for a multitude of windows. Just 2 screws hold them on, one above the handle and if you open the handle you'll see the other one.

PS: If the new handles are straight and not cranked or fancy scrolled they'll be universal and not handed

Knock £50 of the house price and tell him to do it himself. Its not a hard job but you'll need to know which colour it is, how thick it is and someone to fit it if your not confident.

Its part of the agreement of the sale unfortunatly...So I have to do it prior to them moving in :(

So Ill need to find someone to fit it, havent really the time or the skills to do that myself. More than happy to fit handles though.

But anyway....Do you know what kind of tradesman I should contact in regards to doing it?

Sponsored Links
It is litrally a 5 min job, i guess a local DG firm, a small one not a national. They'll come along and match up the colour, i take it its white? Well theres about 15 different colour whites last time i checked my colour swatches. Measure up and he'll trundle off to his local panel supplier and get a flat panel cut from a big sheet, pop back and fit it, its one of the easiest jobs in double glazing, £50 give or take

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back