Need advice how to fill drilled holes on a concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s my situation. I’m going to drill into the concrete floor of my warehouse. My dad told me not to, so he’s going to get mad when I move out. I want to try hiding it as much as possible. I will fill the holes, but he’ll still be able to tell obviously. The floor is pretty messed up looking from age already. Is there anything I should do before hand that’ll help blend it in afterwards? Then afterwards when I’m done is there anything anyone recommends for making it blend in and not look like freshly poured concrete in the holes?

I have an amigo that helps me, but he doesn’t have any ideas for hiding it. :(

Sponsored Links
How big are these holes, if they are only small plug holes then I often throw a bit of dirt in with the mix the darken it when trying to blend new to old.
I am not advocating that you disobey your fathers instructions though!

Are there any steel re-enforcing bars in the floor. ? When re-filling the holes special care will be needed if any of the bars have been exposed by the hole.

How high is the water table in the ground under the floor ? Is the building on a hillside ?. The floor may be part of a tanked building and holes will allow water to come up through the floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back