Need advice on how to adjust a leaky tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a 3-way kitchen tap fitted (hot, cold and filtered). It's been in a week and I've noticed it's weeping slightly from around the edge of the hot/cold tap head. I've taken the tap head apart, hoping to find a loose nut or washer that needed replacing, but I can't see how to adjust or access the part that's leaking. I've attached some pictures, the arrow indicates where it seems to be leaking from (around the blue plastic ring). Has anyone worked on a tap like this before and can anyone advise on how I remove/adjust this to stop the leak? I dont want to start pulling bits apart in case I damage it.

Attachments

• 20191115_115636.jpg
    20191115_115636.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Inked20191115_115702_LI.jpg
    Inked20191115_115702_LI.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 283
Sponsored Links
That is the cartridge which has 0-rings around the outside, being so new can`t you take it back?

Taking it back would require un-installation, which I was looking to avoid. I've actually managed to figure it out myself, there's a double ended threaded retaining ring that holds the cartridge in place. It's not obvious how to remove it - I ended up using a pair of long-nosed pliers up against the little metal tabs to allow me to undo it and inspect the cartridge. I'm hoping its just the case that it wasnt done up tight enough to press the sealing rings on the cartridge up against the corresponding holes in the tap body, so I've tightened it up to see if that works. I'll leave this post here in case anyone else has a similar issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back