Need advice with crown molding/trim in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I remodeled my master bath with I think turned out fairly well, but when it comes to decorating, that's where I get stumped. Here is a before and after pics. The shower door hasn't been put up yet. I am unsure as to what I need to do around the edge of the tile. I don't really want to just leave it bare but I don't know what to do. I was thinking of putting some sort of trip piece but I'm stumpbed. Also, I have crown molding to put at the top. I left a gap above the tile for it to sit in but it just looks a little weird being recessed a little. Maybe it's just me and it would look ok, but I just need some reassurance or other ideas. Thanks. Don't mind the wierd paint on the walls. I'm testing out colors so if you have any ideas on that, that'd be awesome too.

Before

100_0163.jpg

100_0165.jpg

After

100_0233.jpg

DSC05186.jpg

100_0232.jpg

Sponsored Links
beeler311 said:
I am unsure as to what I need to do around the edge of the tile.
I take it you mean where the tiles rest on the bath? If so, the most common practise is to use sealant, I didn't use sealant and have showerseal on my shower tray, have a read here see the link of my post.

No, I mean on the top of the tiles where it goes from tile to the wall. Thanks.

Over here we have tile trim edging in nearly any colour you like or a bullnose ceramic tile edging.

pvc_tile_trim_border.jpg

Sponsored Links
Now those looks pretty cool. I've never seen anything like that. We have bullnose as well but the tiles are travertine and I don't believe you can get bullnose travertine. I may have to check on those edges though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back