Need assistance with Scantronic i-on40 setup

S

skuba

please bear with me, but i have purchased a "scantronic ion-40" control panel and a "pyronix deltabell e" siren and i'm really struggling with a few things. a friend, who's an electrician, has assisted me with the wiring, but we're a little confused about the connections. we were expecting to connect strobe to strobe, bell to bell, etc and basically just match up the colours on the control panel and the siren. unfortunately, the connections shown in the scantronix manual do not seem to match up with the pyronix manual. we've connected the control panel to the siren in the way that we thought was most likely to be correct, but i've just tried to add the siren and the control panel cannot see it, so i'm wondering if the connections are wrong - please see pictures below. any advice would be much appreciated...

connections in control panel...
View media item 68714
connections in siren...
View media item 68713
scantronic control panel wiring diagram...
View media item 68715
pyronic siren wiring diagram...
View media item 68717

Sponsored Links
also, one thing i forgot to mention, i've tried to set the alarm and it says "cannot set - bell tamper"

First thing remove green wire and put a link from where you have removed it to 0v in the bellbox ( black wire ) then in your panel you need to link the 0v to the common of both bell and strobe relays. They are relay contacts that connect the normally open terminal in alarm condition. The strobe connection on the diagram is not 12 v it's 0v. Any other bell issues post back

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply sparkymarka

since posting the pictures yesterday, but prior to reading your replies, i was able to stop the 'bell tamper' warning by connecting a short black cable between the green TR and yellow 0v in the control panel. however, the siren still does not sound (although the flashing led's work ok)

does this change your recommendations in any way? also, i'm a bit stuck at the moment as i can't reach the bellbox myself, so i'm hoping i can resolve this from the control panel end. dunno if that's possible?

thanks again

First thing take out the blue wire at the control panel end and touch the blue wire to 0v - in your panel.... Does the sounder now ring ?

no joy i'm afraid. i've actually tried loads of different options all day today, but still no success

i've tried using one of the powered outputs on the control panel. didn't make a difference

and i've tried connecting the bell to NO in output 1, and the strobe to NO in output 2, and put a link between the C in both outputs and 0v exactly like the scantronic wiring diagram. still no joy :(

it was my friend who mounted the bellbox - the only info i have to hand is the picture in my original post above

i can call him later tonight for any specific questions, but i think you can see the jumpers etc in the picture???

i've spoken to pyronix this morning, and they said i can ignore the eng hold/PGM connection as it's not required. i've rewired the control panel today exactly as per the diagrams (in 1st post above) and there's still no sound from the bellbox. the only difference is, i've terminated the Tamper 0V in the control panel rather than in the bellbox itself - that shouldn't make any difference, should it?!

the only other thing i can think of is that in the scantronic guide it says "if you don't want to connect a wired sounder, make sure you link TR to 0v to prevent bell tamper warning"..... but the thing is, if i take out the black TR to 0v connection the panel starts to alert "bell-tamper" even though the guide suggests that the black cable is only needed if you DON'T have an external bellbox hooked up??

i'm really stuck now. i'm starting to wonder if i've got a faulty bellbox or if something else needs to be enabled on the control panel to allow the outputs to work correctly? latest wiring pics below...

View media item 68813
View media item 68713

The reason I asked about the links you can alter the ring polarity on these bell boxes, the other way of testing is to remove the blue ring wire in the panel and put on + 12 v as I can't see the other links on the picture. Are the LEDs on the bell box ?

yeah, the LED's are working fine. i think there could be something wrong with the tamper circuit, because even though i have the green wire in TR and the yellow wire in 0V, the panel still says 'bell tamper' unless i connect them with the small black link

Have you got the tamper switches closed on the bell box, cover on, possibly screwed back the wall etc?

It's because it s not been linked in the bellbox from 0v to T forget this at moment one step at a time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back