need help consumer unit hot tub

im not looking to wire it up myself as i agree i dont have the experience but i dont want to anyway as at the end of the day its water and electrics
and not putting family at risk
Then put an electrician in charge.

ive done first fix myself in new room (a spark told me what to do)
Did he sign an EIC to say that he designed and installed it all?

Did he certify to LABC that he did all the work?

i will employ a spark to do final fix but want to have all ready for him to be finished there and then
Then find him before you start doing anything and have him make all the design decisions, and have him instruct you and supervise you, or you won't get an EIC or notification to LABC. Unless the guy is bent.

when i have it all ready and built will get 1 of the sparks on job to come to my house and wire up as its quite a lot of cable to pull in and dont want to be paying alot in man hours so he can inspect it for certificate
That isn't how it works.

Are all the electricians where you work registered in their own right with Competent Person schemes?

as for cable already done for the lights/sockets its only 7 metres long for sockets and lights so if he needed to he can use wires i put in for draw wires
What if there's a problem, not with the cables you've installed but where you installed them?

i just want to know for now what type breaker is needed for the tub
The sort the electrician in charge tells you is needed.

can i put rcd on sockets?
You're planning to "design" and install all this, and you don't even know the answer to that?

I thought you didn't want to put your family at risk?

some poeple have mirror tvs in bathroom shaver sockets ect so there must be something that make it work?
Not plugs and sockets.

this why i asking these questions so buy the right stuff
Too little and too late.

Looks more like 2.5mm 4 core.

25mm 4 core is about 1¼" thick
And weighs over 2kg/m. How many m did you lug to your car, Dave?

i have a 25mm armoured cable from the house to the room im a joiner by trade and 1 of the sparks gave it me as told him wot i was doing
its more than i need i know but it was free and told suitable
More than you need? :eek:

If it really is only 2.5mm², and he gave it to you saying it was suitable for a 63A circuit then when you are looking for an electrician to take charge of this project, don't use him, unless you want to put your family at risk...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back