!!! NEED HELP!!! Funny shaped waste for toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just moved into an old property and one the toilet waste pipes seem to be going into the floor into some Red Concrete circle, not the conventional waste stack. :confused:

My problem is that the toilet is one piece including the waste pipe which has been cemented to the floor and then into this Red Concrete circle going into the floor.

To replace this toilet I’m assuming I’d have to smash the toilet off including the waste part. Then cement any new waste pipe back into this Red Conceret circle into the floor. :rolleyes:

I have installed a bathroom suite before so not a complete novice to this, but any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Thanks,

Andy
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
The red cement circle is probably the clay collar to the sewer pipe. in most cases you would have to break out the old toilet but be extra careful whilst chipping lightly around this collar. under the cement seal you will find that the pipe diameter will be smaller than the collar and will accept a standard pan connector. The rubber fins on the PC will give you a good seal but theres nothing wrong with topping off with some plumbers mait or something similar to make it look ok.

when selecting your new sanitaryware, you will probably find most pans available have horizontal outlets, but 90 degree pan connectors are available to adapt to vertical outlets.

Measure the distance between the soil pipe and wall to see if your chosen sanitaryware will fit. Sodd's law says that the soil pipe will be in exactly the wrong place.

A swan neck connector may help you move the pan back a few inches more than a right angled one.

Consider building out the wall behind the cistern with studwork to make up the difference.

I hate flexi pan connectors.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks guys for all the help & advice. Hopefully I can get the dam thing out without damaging this coller. :rolleyes:

Any little trade tips how to do this with minimum damage to the cooler? ;)

Cheers,

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back