Need help identifying and replacing a fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help, please ? I'm gathering bits that I need to add a shower pump that will be sited in my airing cupboard. The pump will be sat on the floor next to the tank. At the moment there is already a side-tapping with an elbow fitting (shown in picture).
This has a 22mm pipe going vertically upwards, but I need a pipe that comes straight out (I could bend a pipe up and back down again in an inverted U, but that seems "wrong"). Can someone identify the part and tell me what to replace it with, please ? If it helps, the smaller nut part on the body of the fitting is 23.75mm across the flats, the flange is 34.5mm diameter and the larger nut is 36.4mm across the flats.

Sponsored Links
If its a side tapping. It's more likey to be a central heating flow/return.

I'm guessing you need to tap into the hot water flow from the tank, if so, are you sure what you have found is it?

Sponsored Links
Possibly, unless it is at a very low level. but either way it is not the correct point to break in.

I'm guessing you need to tap into the hot water flow from the tank, if so, are you sure what you have found is it?

The cold should be off it's own tank connector

Have you read the instructions, along with the recommended point of supply for the HW?

I'm pretty sure it's hot water, it's just below the seam at the top of the tank.

I'm pretty sure it's hot water, it's just below the seam at the top of the tank.

It is almost certainky wrong. We need a pic of the whole cylinder and connections

Have you read the instructions, along with the recommended point of supply for the HW?

Yes, I've read the instructions (Stuart Turner Monsoon). They suggest a side fitting, the existing fitting will be redundant because it already feeds the bath/shower, but the pipe heads in the wrong direction for the pump inlet so I just want a straight outlet from the tank. I'm simply going to connect it into the pump and then connect the pump back to the existing pipe.

Arguably I think you'd want a 22mm × 1" Male Iron, as I think the ¾" is bushed down from 1" on your cylinder

Arguably I think you'd want a 22mm × 1" Male Iron, as I think the ¾" is bushed down from 1" on your cylinder

Do you think that my tank has some sort of integral threaded boss, or is it likely that if I undid this fitting there might be some sort of nut inside the tank that might fall off and I wouldn't be able to reconnect it ?

99% of cylinders in hot water systems use the top connection to supply hot water to taps, showers etc.

That side tapping I've never seen before, possibly added?

If that pipe gets hot when you turn on a hot tap, just put a 22mm tee in there and feed that to your shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back