Need help locating a key for a windows restrictor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Hope someone can help, I recently moved to a new flat which has windows restrictors.
Unfortunately the previous owner did not leave behind the necessary key, and I've been unsuccessful in locating the right one.

I'm hoping that someone her might recognise the restrictor and where I might find the key I need. From the looks of it, I'm looking for something in triangular shape.

20210721_121834.jpg 20210721_121416.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like a Velfac 200 lockable restrictor. They open with a triangular Allen key. See video here:

I don't know where you can buy a spare key but triangular Allen keys are available in sets of various sizes.

That's perfect thanks
Now I just have to hunt down these sets.

I also contacted Velfac directly, in case they can provide me with a spare key.

Sponsored Links
I'd spray some lubricant sich as WD40 or 3-in-1 oil into that while waiting to find a key.
Looks as though it has been difficult to open in the past.

Thought I'd give an update.

I managed to locate the keys, unfortunately I had to order them from Denmark. So as you can guess while the key were 50pence the shipping wasn't exactly cheap, so to make it worth my while I ordered 3, as I had no other avenue to acquire them.

They arrived today and I'm happy to report they work.
Unfortunately only one of my windows was able to be opened and closed, the other one (1st image in the main post) I suspect was forcibly opened by the previous owner, thereby damaging the mechanism, while at the same time make it difficult for the key get a good grip.
I tried to unscrew it, to see if I could dismantle it and fix it, but found, after removing the screws that it has been glued in place.

So for now, I've applied more wd40, and I've left it to see if a few hours to allow the wd40 to sink in, will loosen it up enough to get it working.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late update
Unfortunately, after waiting 24 hours, there has been no improvement. so that time being I'm going to have to leave it be.
At least I can close the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back