Need help Restoring and protecting Danish teak wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

MY sister asked me if I can find a way to restore and protect the teak coffee table which is attached.

As you can see, the bottom piece looks quite preserved and all shiny and nice but the top piece looks worn out with lots of cup marks.

What would be the best treatment to restore it back? it doesn't matter if it's going to look different to bottom piece.

Would it oil or wax to restore the colour?

what substance should I use to give it extra lifetime? she doesn't like coasters so something strong to protect it against hot cups , sun lights etc.

Thank you all
IMG_4593.jpg
IMG_4594.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4592.jpg
    IMG_4592.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4595.jpg
    IMG_4595.jpg
    905.6 KB · Views: 248
Sponsored Links
Can you tell if it's a solid peice of wood, or just veneered. The top needs rubbing down to get rid of the marks, but if it's veneer, then you'd go through it. If you're sister doesn't want to use coasters, then you'd be better off using an OSMO oil, but that needs rubbing down with 120 grade sandpaper to open up the wood grain. You could try rubbing down with 240 grade sandpaper, and then applying teak oil to get the shine back.

the edging suggests veneer. You wouldn't need it on solid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back