Need help with Baxi Solo fault

That might often be the case.

But they do hum as if working even when seized.

Also the impeller can fall off!

A good test would be to measure the current taken as you slowly turn off one of the valves!

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks will try that.

If that doesn't show and i need to remove pump to test it would the washers need to be replaced or can they be re-used? Also what is the best (easiest) way to test a pump while not connected to the system?

Pump washers usually reseal no problem.

See the FAQ for the "finger test".

Tony

Tony

Sponsored Links

Tony

Baxi solo HE isn't that basically a rebadged barcelona with updated pcb?

If it is doesn't the boiler have a flowswitch on it?

I was working on one today, basically the same as a potterton promax I think. There is a pump flow switch, I have one in my van!

It's a definite possibilty.

The flowswitch is there to prove to the boiler that there is circulation. By the sound of other posts you've checked that you have water and the pump is working.

If flowswitch on boiler is faulty then it won't tell the boiler that the pump is running and won't fire.

Well i got a qualified boiler engineer ( whatever they are called) to look at it. He said it was the pcb which he broke the plasic casing to look at it. He ordered a new one which cost me £170 and fitted it. The problem was still there. He then suggested that it is probably an electrical fault and reccomended his electrician take a look and we would pay him for his time. At this point i told him where to go, wish i had earlier.

I then called British Gas and they sent someone round and within 1 hour he foulnd they fault and fixed it. It was air in the system just above the pump.

Can't beleive there are qualified people out there that will still treat you with a pricetag as you don't know what the problem is.

Just thought i would update this thread for anyone else that may come across the same problem.

The moral there is: don't put your pump in pumping downwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back